We are recruiting a VAT Analyst for a global industrial manufacturing company headquartered in Dublin. With global operations this role will be responsible for the EMEA region.
Reporting to the EMEA VAT Manager this role will be to support in the preparation and support with the preparation and submission of VAT returns for EMEA entities. The successful candidate will work closely with the other members of the Vat team on compliance, advisory and IT matters.
- Preparation and submission of the VAT returns and Intrastat declarations for the EMEA entities.
- Preparation and submission of VAT refund requests.
- Preparation of supporting documentation for declarations, the refund request and payments made.
- Review prepared work and cross check declarations.
- Support in the preparation of reconciliations between VAT and the GL on a monthly basis.
- Maintain timeline and ensure timely reporting and submission of returns and refund requests.
- Assist in the development of the VAT compliance process, including improving its efficiencies.
- Liaise with auditors with regards to VAT issues and queries.
- Support in other team projects including TP, indirect tax and compliance.
- Keep up to date with relevant legislation, law and VAT changes in practice and support with implementation measures.
- Degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting.
- At least 4 years experience working in VAT with ideally Big 4 and industry experience.
- Strong VAT compliance knowledge.
- Prior experience with VAT compliance and process improvement.
- Knowledge and prior exposure to VAT accounting including reconciliations with GL.
- Experience with indirect tax packages such as Oracle or Vertex.
- Strong team player and have the ability to collaborate with colleagues and management.
- Excellent time management and communications skills.