We are currently assisting our client in hiring for a newly created position on their team. With a technically strong team behind it, this company has gone from strength to strength over the last few years and due to its continued success they are looking for a financial reporting and operations accountant to join their team on a permanent basis. Irish owned and managed this financial services company operates in various sectors, investing in Irish SMEs and mid sized companies.
The ideal candidate will have a background in financial services – banking, private equity or funds. Reporting directly to the company directors, the successful candidates will be responsible for the day to day accounting for the company as well as being involved in the reporting on current investment projects.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and prepare variance analysis.
- Preparation of month end and year end accounts.
- Work closely with auditors when necessary.
- Produce weekly packs for management for key stakeholders of the business.
- Involvement in the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Improvement and development of financial reporting for the business.
- Produce weekly analytical reports on KPIs and performance of the company and its investments.
- Be involved in ad hoc projects within the company.
The Skills & Qualifications
- ACA/ ACCA Qualified with at least 3 years + PQE.
- Previous experience in financial services - banking, private equity or funds.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to liaise with senior management and investors.
- Commercially orientated.
- Previous experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- The ability to work in a team or independently.
- Proven attention to detail and the ability to prioritise and multitask.