- The Senior Compliance Officer reports directly to the Head of Legal & Compliance AIFM Ireland. The role provides senior management representation of the AIFM’s compliance capabilities to our clients, regulators and internal stakeholders.
- The Senior Compliance Officer will be responsible for the relationship management of a portfolio of client companies in conjunction with AIFM team members: he/she will manage and grow excellent relations with existing clients.
- The Senior Compliance Officer will support business development and strategy development for the AIFM, representing our compliance oversight capabilities to clients, business partners and the wider group. He/she will develop sound relationships with the Global Sales team, Global Marketing team and the Funds Service line team, in order to fully understand the AIFM service offering, regulatory and investment asset class parameters.
- The Senior Compliance Officer undertakes detailed monitoring of the Firm’s activities. Regular compliance monitoring provides the Senior Compliance Officer with a detailed insight of the compliance challenges and developments in the business on an ongoing basis.
- The Senior Compliance Officer is also responsible for monitoring and, on a regular basis, evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firm’s measures, policies and procedures put in place and the actions taken to address any deficiencies in the AIFM’s compliance with its obligations.
- The Senior Compliance Officer will escalate any compliance issues identified through the monitoring process. The Senior Compliance Officer performs an advisory role to the business functions responsible for carrying out services and activities and assists them in complying with the Firm’s obligations.
- In addition, the Senior Compliance Officer will represent our compliance capabilities to the regulator – primarily the Central Bank of Ireland. He/she will be key contributor for regulatory consultation and or implementation primarily on issues that impact the AIFM investment process.
As Compliance Officer you will be responsible for a wide range of activities:
- Assist the Head of Legal and Compliance to ensure compliance of the Company and AIFs under management with applicable laws and regulations.
- Support the Head of Legal and Compliance with the development, implementation and management of the company’s compliance policies and procedures;
- Assist in completing regulatory filings with the Central Bank and other bodies as required
- Support the Head of Legal & Compliance in delivering reports to the board of the Company and of AIFs under management
- Assist with the development and implementation of a risk-based compliance monitoring programme by effective execution of compliance tasks and identification and reporting of areas of improvement;
- Review and assess compliance breaches, escalate as necessary and work with the Company and AIFs under management to remediate and resolve any identified issues;
- Assist with the monitoring, interpretation and analysis of existing and prospective legislation, guidance or regulations which may impact on the company’s business and/or clients;
- Assist with the management of projects from the initiation and planning stages through execution and completion;
- Support the business in responding to client needs on an ongoing basis.
- Have a relevant degree or other third level qualification or relevant professional qualification
- Ability to work in a small and dynamic team environment.
- Self-starter approach & resourceful.
- Independent & ability to take ownership of tasks.
- Proven track exits of ensuring reporting deadlines & obligations are met on a timely basis.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work towards deadlines
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Have strong communication and leadership skills